Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Walk safely in your dreams.


Nursery rhyme
Originally uploaded by EyesbyNikon
I listen to parents talking AT their kids. For some reason it seems acceptable these days to try and control your child by fear tactics. It starts early by lulling them into sleep by talking about sticking the cradle in a tree on a windy day until the poor kid drops out and falls. It moves on to telling them to behave or the Bogey man will come and take them away and all sorts of horrors in between. I may have gone a less acceptable route by showing my kids that the only monsters are human and that while Daddy is around none of them are going to be hurting them. But I know my babies walk safely in their dreams. I prefer to feed their imagination and dreams on the beauty left in the world rather than feed their nightmares because I'm too lazy to take time to communicate with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment